KrishiVigyan Kendra, Gopalganj was established on 26th March, 2006. It is under the administrative control of Dr.Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Samastipur. (Bihar). At the time of foundation stone laying of the KVK, it was under the administrative control of the Rajendra Agricultural Univesity, Pusa, Samastipur.
Mandate and Activity
- Training of practicing farmer, rural youth and extension functionaries.
- Assessment and refinement of technologies through on farm trials.
- Demonstration of technologies through frontline demonstrations.
Activities of KVK
- Organize on and off campus training programmes for farmers, rural youth and extension functionaries of line departments.
- Organize short and long terms vocational trainings.
- Conduct location specific research viz. On Farm Trials.
- Refinement of existing technology.
- Conduct Frontline Demonstration at farmers’ field on improved technologies.
- To provide feedback to the National Agricultural Research system comprising ICAR institutes and Agricultural Universities.
- Liaison with the line Department of Agriculture and allied sector in the District.
- District profile and contingent plan for the district.
- Work as research and knowledge centre for dissemination of agricultural technologies in the district.