Mandate and Activity
- Training of practicing farmer, rural youth and extension functionaries.
- Assessment and refinement of technologies through on farm trials.
- Demonstration of technologies through frontline demonstrations.
Activities of KVK
- Organize on and off campus training programmes for farmers, rural youth and extension functionaries of line departments.
- Organize short and long terms vocational trainings.
- Conduct location specific research viz. On Farm Trials.
- Refinement of existing technology.
- Conduct Frontline Demonstration at farmers’ field on improved technologies.
- To provide feedback to the National Agricultural Research system comprising ICAR institutes and Agricultural Universities.
- Liaison with the line Department of Agriculture and allied sector in the District.
- District profile and contingent plan for the district.
- Work as research and knowledge centre for dissemination of agricultural technologies in the district.