|S.N.||Name of Infrastructure|
|4||Staff Quarters (6)|
|8||Soil Test Lab (Minilab)|
|9||Others, Please Specify|
Speciality of KVK
- Seed Production of cereals, vegetables, pulses and sugarcane.
- Crop cafeteria of Kharif and Rabi crops.
- Trainings on agri-enterprises like Dairy, Poultry, Mushroom to farmers and Rural Youth.
- Trainings to Extension functionaries of Agriculture, allied and sugarcane departments.
- Training Hall
- Farmers’ Hostel
- Vermicompost unit
- Azolla Unit
- Crop Cafeteria
- Weather station (IMD)
Impact of KVK
- Frontline demonstrations of cereals, pulses and oilseeds, on newly released varieties have raised production and profitability.
- Seed production by farmers of potato, wheat, paddy and vegetables : Initially, the adoption of seed production programme at village level was only 20% for potato which increased to 53% in 2006 for wheat. It reached 73% for paddy and wheat in Kharif 2017 and Rabi 2017-18 respectively. Farmers have stared seed production of cauliflower and lobia.
- Use of High yielding varieties : KVK introduced new varieties such as HD 2733, HD 2824, DBW 14, PBW 373 of wheat, R. Mahsuri, R. Sweta, R. Kasturi, Pusa Basmati of Paddy and BO 137, Bo 147, COP 2061 of sugarcane which was lacking earlier.
- Vermi-compost Production and use for Soil Health : KVK along with the line department disseminated the technology of vermicomposting in the whole district. More than five hundred small and big units are producing vermin-compost in the district.
- Ring Pit Method of Sugarcane Cultivation : Flatbed method practiced by farmers had lower germination rate (33%) and lodging problem. In collaboration with sugar mills in the district, farmers were trained to adopt ring pit method. Germination in ring pit method is 65%. Spacing and depth reduces lodging problem as well. Yield in ring pith method is 85 t/ha compared to 44.8t/ha in flat bed method. It was a new technology and large scale adoption among farmers of Sidhwalia, Baikunthpur, Baruli and Kuchaikote (adoption rate: 59%)
- Zero Tillage (ZT) in Wheat : Wheat sowing in lowland areas of Kateya, Hathua, Bhore and Phulwariya and low lying diara land of Kuchaikote, Barauli, Sidhwalia gets delayed. ZT saves 10-15 days time, money (Rs 1000-1200/ha) and saves irrigation water (30-40%) in first irrigation. Placement of fertilizer and seed at proper depth reduces Phalaris minor infestation in field.
- Intercropping in Sugarcane : Sugarcane is a wide space crop. Initial in sugarcane is slow. Hence suitable for intercropping. In autumn sugarcane planting, intercropping with potato, lentil, Lobiaonion, garlic, Corander, Rajmash. In spring sugarcane planting intercropping with Moong, Urdand okra. Intercropping with potato provides maximum returns Farmers are intercropping sugarcane with potato, onion, garlic, lentil, coriander in October planting and moong, urdanfd okra in February planting .
- Bio Fertilizer : Green manuring and bio fertilizer: 65% of farmers adopted green manuring (Dhainch and moong) and 35